The Bear River Board of Trade was established by an act of Parliament in 1905. Our membership of volunteers is drawn from local businesses, community volunteer groups, and individual community members.
The village is not incorporated. The Bear river is the borderline for the counties of Digby and Annapolis. Our volunteers represent the village to our municipal, provincial, and federal governments.
Our volunteer activities in Bear River include:
- communicating with the municipalities of Digby and Annapolis about infrastructure issues such as potable water and sewage treatment
- communicating with the Provincial government about road, highway and waterfront maintenance as well as tourism
- communicating with all levels of government about economic development in Bear River
- stewardship of the Bear River Community Greenhouse and Waterfront gardens on the Annapolis county waterfront
- maintaining the bearriver.ca website
Our general meetings are held quarterly and we have an annual general meeting in the spring.
Board of Trade Directors, 2021-2022
President: Larry Knox
Vice-President: Carmen Chamberland
Recording Secretary: Jessie Turnbull
Community Greenhouse and Waterfront Gardens Committee (Annapolis County side)
Chair: Carmen Chamberland
———————————————————-This website is maintained by the Bear River Board of Trade. For information about committees or the Bear River Board of Trade, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org